I must admit that I have had my eye on this +NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation for a while now, but for some reason every time I was about to buy it – something stopped me for doing so. I think it was mostly the very mixed reviews I red online. But as it is my favourite beauty brand I kept coming back to it.
Anyway, long story short, after a very long hesitation period I finally decided to try it out and I am sure most of you would like to hear what I think of it.
As some of you already know (or will find out now), my holy grail foundation for years has been from +NARS Cosmetics and it’s their Sheer Glow foundation.
My winter shade is Punjab and when I am more tanned, my shade is called Stromboli. My skin type is dehydrated yet combination (so basically it’s all over the place).
For people who are aware of the MAC shades, I would say that NARS Sheer Glow Punjab is suitable for people who wear (MAC NC 20-25) and Stromboli (NC 30-35).So here is what I think of it – I absolutely love it! Not as much as I love my Sheer Glow, but I would say that it was well spent £32.-!
Some people keep comparing this with the YSL Fusion Ink foundation, but I think although they are similar, the NARS one is much more advanced and a better quality version than the +YSL Beauty Fusion Ink. If anyone is interested, I am in the shade B30.The only things I would like to point out are:
- You really would need to exfoliate your skin regularly as the NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation can stick to any dry patches
- The shades are a bit darker and more yellow based than the NARS Sheer Glow ones. So I ordered two shades, my usual shade Punjab and also a shade lighter Fiji (mixing these two – I get my perfect shade
- Shake the bottle well every time before using it
The things I love about this foundation:
+ Looks very natural when you apply one layer, but you can easily build it up to a almost full coverage
+ Good colour match for my skin tone (as I have a very olive/yellow toned skin)
+ Matte finish that looks still a little bit radiant (you skin still looks like skin)
+ It has a pump (I’m so happy, that NARS have upped their game and now add the pump, as Sheer Glow comes without one when you first buy it).
+ Great summertime foundation ( As I am not sure how it would work with cold weather, when your skin tends to be very flaky and dry anyway because of the cold weather.
+ Your skin will still look lie skin after one layer, so people who freckles, it won’t cover them with one layer
+ Doesn’t feel like anything on your skin, so for those who hate the heavy feeling of some foundations – this is the opposite of that and it also lets your skin breathe
Things I don’t like about this foundation:
– It’s very runny/watery and if you apply this with your +beautyblender, you will waste a lot of product
– It oxidises just a little bit, you can barely notice it
– That glass bottle is rather fragile yet heavy, so it makes it difficult to travel with it
– You will need more than just one pump of this foundation (Nars claims you ply need one pump to cover the whole face – I seriously doubt that anyone will get away with just one pump of this stuff).
My suggestions when you order it:
- Order one shade lighter that you would usually order do with your Sheer Glow Foundation
- Apply it with your fingers or a damp Beautyblender for the best results
- If you have a extremely dry skin (this foundation is not the best choice for you)
- If you can’t get your hands on it where you live, try to order it from the +Selfridges online shop – their services are are the best. The delivery charge is £15.-, but it is worth it as my both orders arrived in less that 48 hours after placing an order online.
- Shake the bottle really well each time before you start using it
If you have any specific questions – do not hesitate to ask me! 🙂 x